[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Gigabit Ethernet Adapaters - Need some feedback
 Date:  Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:45:47 -0500
On 11/3/05, Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to help out with some m0n0wall documentation. If you are
> currently using a Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, would you please respond
> back with the:
> ~ Manufacturer
> ~ Model Number, and
> ~ Driver.
>
> Other useful information could be:
> ~ Single, Dual or Quad NIC's

I know there are people using the dual and quad port Intels listed at
the bottom of this page.
http://support.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-006120.htm

only gigabit card I've personally used is the cheap Intel Pro/1000 MT
Desktop adapter listed on that page, which works fine.  Granted it'll
never hit full gigabit speeds since it isn't PCI-X, but it's much
faster than 10/100.

Page looks good.  Thanks for the help, Don!  Would like to see some
feedback from others.

also would likely be helpful to google "gigabit site:m0n0.ch
inurl:list" for past list posts mentioning gigabit.

-Chris