[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian L. Bautista" <bbautista808 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal & Static Route
 Date:  Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:19:37 -0800 (PST)
I have m0n0wall set up with 2 NICs - LAN and WAN.  I also have a Cisco router on the LAN that is
connected to other subnets in our network.  The WAN interface is connected to the Internet.  I have
configured a static route for the LAN interface to forward all requests for 10.5.x.x to go to the
Cisco router.  This static route only works for clients on the LAN when Captive Portal is turned
off.  I need the static route to work for the clients on the LAN with Captive Portal turned on.  The
station on the LAN that I tested with is set up on the m0n0wall box with pass through MAC.  I've
even tested with another station after authenticating with the captive portal.  Does anyone have any
suggestions? -Brian