[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  fisch <fisch at conne dash island dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 1.2 DNS forward problem
 Date:  Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:39:55 +0100
Am Freitag, den 04.11.2005, 20:13 -0500 schrieb Chris Buechler:
> On 11/4/05, fisch <fisch at conne dash island dot de> wrote:
> > hi,
> > I have problems with the DNS forward in m0n0 1.2. I'am connected to our
> > company with VPN and want to use the company's internal DNS for
> > resolving hosts at the company's LAN.
> >

> I already answered this once today.
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=216/88

That isn't the problem, there is no Windows or PPTP in the network. The
VPN is an IPSec-tunnel and all computers are running Linux. I think
m0n0wall tries to connect to the forward DNS server throuh the WAN
interface and because of the private IP of the DNS Server it fails.

fisch@laptop:~> nslookup nohost.noip
Server:         10.10.250.1         (m0n0wall)
Address:        10.10.250.1#53

** server can't find nohost.noip: NXDOMAIN

fisch@laptop:~> nslookup host.company.lan

my networks are:
WAN: dhcp, public IP
LAN: 10.10.250.0/24
VPN: 192.168.3.0/24

the DNS server m0n0 has to forward the query is 192.168.3.x

bye
fisch