[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Gigabit Ethernet Adapaters - Need some feedback
 Date:  Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:40:35 -0500
In compiling the list of compatible gigabit adapters I came across
something that is confusing to me and was hoping someone more
knowledgeable could explain.

Both
em -- Intel(R) PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet adapter driver
gx -- Intel(R) Pro/1000 Gigabit Ethernet adapter driver

From the man pages, both of these support 82542 & 82543
How does the kernel know which driver to use, or does it really make a
difference ?
Or is one driver a more recent version than the other ?

hmmm...

- Don