[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2 stop responding.
 Date:  Sat, 5 Nov 2005 12:02:40 -0500
Watching this thread and seeing the various sources of hardware being
used, it seems reasonable to me that this appears more to be a
"services" issue than a hardware issue.

I have been running 1.2 since it came out and haven't rebooted the box
yet. Our m0n0wall is running on a Dell GX-150 P3 933mhz workstation.
The WAN is the on-board Intel NIC, with two DLink DFE-530+ for LAN &
WAN. It has been rock solid since ver 1.11

We are "NOT" doing Captive Portal, VLans, or Traffic shaping. Just
basic FW filtering for inbound requests to web services and a pptp
redirect to an internal pptp server.

Maybe those experiencing problems should post the services they are
running to find some common ground.

- Don