[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal: One Login per MAC
 Date:  Sat, 05 Nov 2005 23:12:51 +0100
Hello everybody

Currently I am running a m0n0wall as router at a lanparty environment.
We use the captive portal to give users a time based access to the
internet. When somebody needs internet (for loggin in into Steam for
example) he says something and I create an account in the captive portal
for 20 miutes for example (I use my own time based captive portal mod).

Now some users tend to tell others their account data, so that others
can log in with that data on their computers, too (which is not what I
want). I had one instance where I found four different MACs in the
captive portal logs.
So now my question: I thought that the captive portal does not allow log
ins from different MACs at the same time? Am I wrong there, or is this a
bug?

Greetings
Carsten Holbach