[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Courtney Harding" <hardincj at msn dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on IBM Laptop
 Date:  Mon, 7 Nov 2005 03:00:56 +0100
I once had problems cloning a drive outside an ibm laptop and ran into issues with inserting it
back. It looks like some of these laptops have a build in security feature to read only drives that
are formatted by the system itself. You might try to get around that by using the live installer cd
to write the media in the notebook itself: http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=17 . Don't know if
this helps or if your problem even is derived from this feature or your laptop has it at all. Just a
thought.

Holger

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit