[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] hotspot monowall
 Date:  Sun, 6 Nov 2005 20:18:56 -0600
From: "My List Mail" <mylistmail at gmail dot com>

> what i want is to run m0n0wall
> under it is a hotspot server where it can create
> a prepaid accounts which can be billed/sell by time usage.

> in short, its a billing system and account generation system
> in one central server.

OK, lets narrow this down to the things you need.  You need a transport
medium, like an AP.  You need some captive portal, like m0n0wall, at each
location.  You can put a wireless card in m0n0wall, but host AP is less than
fantastic.  You need an authentication system, most likely a RADIUS server.
You need an account generation system.  And you need some way to take
payment.

An AP and a m0n0wall box at each location would work to capture traffic.  A
central RADIUS (like free RADIUS) would work for authentication.  The rest
is beyond me.  I would suggest looking in groups for RADIUS, and online
billing, as that is where the gap lies for you.

                        Lee