[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Brunk" <jbrunk at wthosting dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] hotspot monowall
 Date:  Sun, 6 Nov 2005 21:25:37 -0500
I have a whole system already setup that has been working for me and was
recently able to get monowall integrated into it.  I have a mysql db server
that holds all the user info and how much time is left.  2 radius servers
communicate with the database server.  I built a web interface that lets the
user login, and add more time to their account.  It is a use it till its
gone type of model.  Idle timeouts keep the user from using a lot of time.
In the admin they can see their usage which shows that they logged in and
used X amount of time at X location.  Since each of my units submits its own
mac to the radius server, I tie the mac's to an address so it will show each
user a "friendly" location id.  Ex:   "used 15 minutes at Perks Coffee Shop"

Jason