[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Gigabit Ethernet Adapaters - Need some feedback
 Date:  Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:01:39 -0500
The wiki page has been moved to http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=GigabitCards

On 11/4/05, Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I came across this list of cards from the intel site. I am still
> rather a noob when it comes to *nix. By chipset and therefore device,
> would it safe to assume that all of these cards are supported in
> FreeBSD 4.11-Release ??

Yeah.

> I realize most of these are not gigabit cards,
> but since I am trying to compile a list of compatible, why not include
> these on another list.

this is a *much* more daunting task than to just list the gig cards,
but I'm certainly willing to commit a list if you can get even a
partial one together.

> based on the Intel 8255x family of LAN
> controller chips (82557, 82558, 82559, 82550, 82551, and 82562).

These should all be supported by the fxp driver.  All but the 82550
are listed by 'man 4 fxp', even FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE fxp man page
doesn't list 82551 anywhere that I see.  I'd say it's safe to assume
any 8255x will work with 4.11's fxp driver.

-Chris