[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Castle <m0n0wall at markcastle dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall-announce] 1.2 lockups? Submit your information!
 Date:  Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:21:26 +0000
Hi,

I've noticed lockups on a number of versions of m0n0wall (although not
relating specifically to 1.2), and although i've not managed to
completely tie it down, i think i've narrowed down the cause to when
someone removes a console cable that has been connected for a long
period of time on a Soekris or WRAP platform (mainly Soekris).  It
appears to lock m0n0wall up almost the instant the console cable is
removed, although this isn't very repeatable. eg it's fine doing so
after a fresh reboot... it just seems to be when the cable has been
connected (and probably not used) for quite a while.

I'm sorry i don't have more specific information at this time.

Regard
Mark