[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marc Infield <marc at infielddesign dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  CENTOS 4 problem with 1:1 NAT
 Date:  Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:49:05 -0800
Hi,

I'm mot very experienced with this stuff so I apologize in advance
for my ignorance.

Does CENTOS not like NAT?

I am having trouble doing 1:1 NAT with a CENTOS 4 server. The strange
part is right next to it is a Fedora FC3 server which works fine. I
have tried switching internal and external IPs on the CENTOS server
but it consistently looses it's connection with public internet the
moment I apply 1:1 mapping to it's IP.

Here is some more information about my setup if you are still reading.

I have M0n0wall 1.2 setup on a Soekris 4501 and the basic setup is
working.
WAN - Static IPs (32 IPs)
LAN - DHCP on the subnet 192.168.1.0/24

Everything works great.

I want to add a DMZ with a couple servers on the OPT1 interface. So I
set it up with the name DMZ and setup DHCP and static mapping for the
servers.

DMZ interface setup
    - DHCP on the subnet 192.168.2.0/24.
    - I mapped the two servers to fix IP address with static mapping
by mac number
         CENTOS_4_server=>192.168.2.3
           and
         fedora_FC3_server=>192.168.2.4

Still everything is fine, The servers are picking up the correct IP
address and they are able to get to the internet. When I do 1:1 NAT
mapping from a public IP within my assigned range the servers the
CENTOS server looses connectivity. The Fedora server is fine and
viewable from out side my network. I have tried assigning the CENTOS
server to different internal IPs and mapping it to different public
ones but the same thing happens.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-marc