[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Forwarding PPTP vpn clients to a W2k3 server
 Date:  Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:59:59 -0500
> I am trying to setup m0n0wall v1.2final as a DHCP server which will
> forward VPN requests to a NATd W2k3 server running Active Directory
> and RAS as the authentication server for VPN:PPTP clients.

I will have to check my settings tomorrow (I'm at home), but I don't
remember enabling any forwarding rules, other than checking redirect
to internal pptp server.

I am using a w2k server on the LAN for incoming PPTP pretty much the
way you described above.  Been doing this for the last 8 months w/o
problems.

It's my understanding that when you turn the feature on, it
automatically creates the rules for the m0n0wall WAN ip.

>I use the PPTP sever on the m0n0wall (don't forward) and use IAS
>(RADIUS) on my SBS2K3 (Win2K3) server to authenticate. See this:
>http://www.michael-i.com/files/projects/m0n0ad/ The m0n0wall gives out
>the IP based on the subnet you specify in the PPTP config.

This looks pretty cool. I wish I had the time to implement.

-Don