[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Recommended Outbound Ruleset (anti- Permit All Outbound)
 Date:  Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:05:17 -0800
Hi all,
 By default, m0n0wall allows all outbound traffic from the LAN subnet. I
remember seeing a post a while back about creating a more restrictive
outbound ruleset but can't seem to find it...
 So, I'm hoping some of you can point me to resources to create a slightly
more restrictive outbound ruleset for the LAN. I'm aware that having a
Permit All for the LAN isn't the best way to do things. It's definitely
easier to configure, but not very secure and not making good use of the
outbound firewall. Any hints, pointers, resources, and links are welcomed.
  By the way, I think this topic should be placed somewhere into the docbook
next to the Permit All rule. It would be helpful as a one-stop shop for
people who are fresh to m0n0wall who want to make it outbound secure out of
the box. I did some googling and didn't turn up with anything good. There
was too much misc junk in the results...
  Thanks,
 /sylikc