[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 Cc:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] False sense of (IPsec)urity?
 Date:  Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:36:31 +0800
On 11/08/05 19:33 Jim Thompson said the following:
> support for the VIA AES accelerators appears to be either in, or very

it's already there in 6.0-RELEASE. see
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/relnotes-i386.html

also, the via chaps were down in kuala lumpur last month as part of an
OpenHack contest to see if the via padlock device could be broken. one of
the attendees managed to find a bug in their (windows based) software which
allowed multiple/inifinite tries thus allowing a possible brute force
attack. note, this in no way reflects on the security of the device itself.