[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Bahr <eyebear at prima dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0wall on IBM Laptop
 Date:  Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:25:53 +0100
Courtney Harding schrieb:
> I am having an issue with installing m0n0wall 1.2 on an IBM laptop,
> after the drive is flashed the laptop will not boot, I have to remove
> the drive, and format it in another machine. The laptop will boot the
> CD-ROM version of m0n0. I have searched the archives but did not come up
> with anything. Any one have any ideas?

Yes, I use the monowall in a vmware on a laptop.
The host OS is w2k, the guests are depending on
the customers need. Linux doesn't find the pcmcia
controller or doesn't want to use it ( an old Asus
7300 ) but every pcmcia-ethernet-adaptor with
working windows drivers can be used via the
bridging drivers of the vmware.

This gives me the freedom to check weather the
customers internet connection isn't working  or
the crappy routers are the origin of the fault.

Currently I'm testing pfsense in such a vmware
machine to get a port based routing working, due
to the customers needs.

Hope it helps.

Andreas