[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Jan Kristoffer Appel" <jan dot appel at web dot de>
 Subject:  OPT- Interface Routing Problem
 Date:  Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:37:54 +0100

I seem to have problems routing traffic to my OPT- interface. Setup is as
follows: I've got the standard LAN interace hooked up to a LAN (duh) using Recently I added the OPT- interface for setting up a WLAN
(it's connected to an ap), using If I set the firewall rules
to allow any traffic in any direction and disable the captive portal on the
OPT- interface, I can pass traffic from OPT to LAN, but not vice versa,
which is what I want to do (OPT->LAN is normally blocked by the firewall,
LAN->OPT is allowed through).
Seems to me there is a flaw somewhere in my setup, but I lack the networking
knowledge to find it. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,

One does not, by knowing all the physical laws as we know them today,
immediately obtain an understanding of anything much. (Richard P. Feynman)