[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jan Kristoffer Appel" <jan dot appel at web dot de>
 Subject:  OPT- Interface Routing Problem
 Date:  Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:37:54 +0100
Hi!

I seem to have problems routing traffic to my OPT- interface. Setup is as
follows: I've got the standard LAN interace hooked up to a LAN (duh) using
192.168.0.0/24. Recently I added the OPT- interface for setting up a WLAN
(it's connected to an ap), using 192.168.2.0/24. If I set the firewall rules
to allow any traffic in any direction and disable the captive portal on the
OPT- interface, I can pass traffic from OPT to LAN, but not vice versa,
which is what I want to do (OPT->LAN is normally blocked by the firewall,
LAN->OPT is allowed through).
Seems to me there is a flaw somewhere in my setup, but I lack the networking
knowledge to find it. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,
Jan

--
One does not, by knowing all the physical laws as we know them today,
immediately obtain an understanding of anything much. (Richard P. Feynman)