[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marc Infield <marc at infielddesign dot com>
 To:  Claudio Castro <ccastro at unr dot edu dot ar>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] CENTOS 4 problem with 1:1 NAT
 Date:  Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:11:56 -0800
Hi Claudio,

It turns out y problem was not CENTOS, but my m0n0wall configuration.
My CENTOS web server is now visible through the router.

-marc

On Nov 8, 2005, at 7:29 AM, Claudio Castro wrote:

> Marc, Im having the same problem...I have a CENTOS 4 maill
> server...and it cant see the internet. Tell me if you have any
> news...I dont have no idea why is this hapening.
>
> Claudio.-
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm mot very experienced with this stuff so I apologize in advance
>> for my ignorance.
>>
>> Does CENTOS not like NAT?
>>
>> I am having trouble doing 1:1 NAT with a CENTOS 4 server. The
>> strange part is right next to it is a Fedora FC3 server which
>> works fine. I have tried switching internal and external IPs on
>> the CENTOS server but it consistently looses it's connection with
>> public internet the moment I apply 1:1 mapping to it's IP.
>>
>> Here is some more information about my setup if you are still
>> reading.
>>
>> I have M0n0wall 1.2 setup on a Soekris 4501 and the basic setup is
>> working.
>> WAN - Static IPs (32 IPs)
>> LAN - DHCP on the subnet 192.168.1.0/24
>>
>> Everything works great.
>>
>> I want to add a DMZ with a couple servers on the OPT1 interface.
>> So I set it up with the name DMZ and setup DHCP and static mapping
>> for the servers.
>>
>> DMZ interface setup
>>    - DHCP on the subnet 192.168.2.0/24.
>>    - I mapped the two servers to fix IP address with static
>> mapping by mac number
>>         CENTOS_4_server=>192.168.2.3
>>           and
>>         fedora_FC3_server=>192.168.2.4
>>
>> Still everything is fine, The servers are picking up the correct
>> IP address and they are able to get to the internet. When I do 1:1
>> NAT mapping from a public IP within my assigned range the servers
>> the CENTOS server looses connectivity. The Fedora server is fine
>> and viewable from out side my network. I have tried assigning the
>> CENTOS server to different internal IPs and mapping it to
>> different public ones but the same thing happens.
>>
>> Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -marc

Marc Infield                        <marc at InfieldDesign dot com>
Infield Design                      fax: 415-252-7910
2339 3rd Street, unit 45
San Francisco, CA  94107
415-252-7990