[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] False sense of (IPsec)urity?
 Date:  Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:16:18 -0500
On 11/8/05, Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com> wrote:

> On 11/08/05 19:33 Jim Thompson said the following:
> > support for the VIA AES accelerators appears to be either in, or very
>
> it's already there in 6.0-RELEASE. see
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/relnotes-i386.html

Yeah, but it's been there, and not functioning properly, for a while.
I haven't yet heard a confirmation that it does indeed work properly,
but I don't know of anyone that's had a chance to test it as is in
final 6.0-REL.  There are some pfsense users with Padlock devices that
should be testing it soon.  As recently as a couple months ago, it
didn't work.  It's supposed to be fixed now, but it was supposed to
work the first time around too...

-Chris