[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] False sense of (IPsec)urity?
 Date:  Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:47:26 +0800
On 11/09/05 08:10 Jim Thompson said the following:
> So, it will all get tested, and fixed if necessary, and either m0n0wall
> will go to 6.0 or the Padlock support will get backported to 4.11.

i doubt padlock support will be backported to 4.11, given the recent
release of 6.0-RELEASE. i think the 4.x branch will be left for decay in a
while, with only bugfix/security updates.

> Either way, m0n0wall should be able to pickup support for the fastest
> (for the money) AES accelerator I can find, which can only help IPSEC

i'm experimenting with porting over m0n0wall to 6.0 to see if that makes
any difference. i should have a beta image out by the weekend for prelim
testing. note this is just a prototype and is adjunct to the M0n0wall
future discussion we had on these here lists.