[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] serial and net4501
 Date:  Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:41:05 -0500
In the past, m0n0wall operated at 9600 out of the box. Many embedded
systems, such as the Soekris boards, came set to 19200. So, you could
either set the Soekris board to 9600 in bios for them to match, or set
your terminal program speed to whatever function you needed to use. Set
it to 19200 if you need access to the board bios functions, set it to
9600 if you want to work with m0n0wall.

Now, though, it seems that m0n0wall adapts to the console speed of the
hardware. So check the settings for the board, and use that.

Regards,
Josh Simoneau
Professional Llama Trainer