[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] dell axim through captive portal
 Date:  Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:29:10 -0600
From: "Thibodeau, Dale" <dthibode at uwc dot edu>

> I'm having problems getting dell axim handhelds to work through the
> captive portal.  The handheld won't browse the web as the it won't see
> the captive portal page.  I added the mac address in the pass-thru tab
> and I then get a page that says:  Bad Request (Invalid Hostname).

> The dhcp logs show that it gave "pocketpc2" an IP address successfully.

> Any suggestions?

> I'm running v1.2 + radius from Jonathon.

With captive portal, you have to hit port 80 first.  This is still true with
MAC pass through.  However, it is NOT true with "Allowed IP Addresses."
Under DHCP, set static IP address mappings to the MAC addresses of the hand
held devices.  Then put those IP addresses in "Allowed IP Addresses" on the
Captive Portal page.

                        Lee