[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Benjamin H. Henry" <ben at magothy dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] serial and net4501
 Date:  Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:32:25 -0500
bimbo wrote:
> Josh Simoneau ha scritto:
>

>>In the past, m0n0wall operated at 9600 out of the box. Many embedded
>>systems, such as the Soekris boards, came set to 19200. So, you could
>>either set the Soekris board to 9600 in bios for them to match, or set
>>your terminal program speed to whatever function you needed to use. Set
>>it to 19200 if you need access to the board bios functions, set it to
>>9600 if you want to work with m0n0wall.
>>
>>Now, though, it seems that m0n0wall adapts to the console speed of the
>>hardware. So check the settings for the board, and use that.
>

> Soekris net4501's manual say that board works with 19200, monowall's doc
> too.
> Some documents found on google ... 9600
> Connection to serial port doesn't work with 19200 an 9600.
> Hyperterminal screen remains blank.
> Any ideas?

My notes about connecting to a WRAP board:

Use a "null-modem" cable. Radio Shack didn't have this, so I ended up
buying a straight-through RS-232 cable (26-125B) and a Null Modem
Adapter (26-264B). Don't use a cable that came with a UPS.

Hyperterminal settings: VT100 emulation; 38400 bps; 8 Data bits; Parity
none; stop bits 1; flow control None.