[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steven McCoy <fnjordy at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  kernel panic with TUN OpenVPN
 Date:  Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:37:58 +0800
Hello, I have m0n0wall 1.2-ovpn on three WRAP based routers, using OpenVPN
instead of IPSEC because of a dynamic IP, IPSEC is working great otherwise.
I am basically seeing the entire router lockup when performing a simple
Kerberos 5 login over the VPN. I am using a TUN device, and have tried UDP,
TCP, LZO compression enabled / disabled, and with every combination the
router panics, the LAN side IP address cannot be pinged. TCP data works fine
and SMTP traffic in and out flows happily all day, the Kerberos traffic is
UDP based, and there is only a minimal amount of traffic (less than a
second) before the failure occurs.

I have logged the details on the webform http://m0n0.ch/wall/lockup.php too.

--
Steve-o