[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 To:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] MAJOR m0n0wall DNS ISSUE - Please Help
 Date:  Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:44:51 +1000
Ok Guys I have figured out what you have to do to fix this, but I really
don't like the answer.

I added a . period to my Windows DNS settings. I added in the section
under the DNS tab called  "Append these DNS suffixes"

After I added that and did a nslookup google.com it all worked fine AND
my software worked.

My next question is, Is this a bug in m0n0's DNS/DHCP setup?

Can we fix m0n0 so I don't have to add a . period to all my LAN clients
DNS settings?

Thanks Team!

Mark