[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ryan <dreadlocks at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  LAN Party Modification
 Date:  Wed, 9 Nov 2005 21:10:28 -0600
Screenshot:
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wlpm0n00bn.jpg

How it works:
I have a remote php file on our webserver that queries the mysql mambo
database for and returns a html page with the values as META tags. The
password, which in my case is just the users email address, is
encrypted before transmission (md5)

I created a file called services_captiveportal_users_fetch.php based
off the same file with _edit.php name, this file when posted with a
username it queries that php page on our webserver and gets an array
from get_meta_tags(), It then displays that information in the bottom
form you see in the screenshot, you then post to a modified version of
services_captiveportal_users_edit.php that allows for pre-encrypted
password input. The expiration date is set to a pre-determined time
(+3 days in my case)

How signup works is they hookup to the lan first, create an account on
our website if they dont already have one, pay via paypal if they want
to.. then they come see a staff member who just types in there
username into m0n0wall, verifies if they are pre-paid and/or
pre-signedup, then creates the account.

I am going to test the code at an accual event this weekend, proving
everything goes well I will clean up my code and release some files
for public consumption.. this might be benifical for anyone who wants
to grab user information from a remote database and doesnt need
radius, as the remote php file that queries the database could be
modifed to query virturally any database php can.

I am completely open to input and suggestions
Ryan