[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stefan Frank <Mono dot General at RootServices dot Biz>
 To:  MonoWall-General List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  FreeBSD 4.x is approaching the end of its life?
 Date:  Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:03:25 +0100
Hello!

I saw that Manual wrote in his "1.2 released!" Mail that FreeBSD 4.x is
(in his experience or opinion? ) approaching the end of its life? For my
self i cant agree with that. With FreeBSD 4.10 and 4.11 i never had any
problem. It run and run and run ... no crash - absolutely nothing! The only
reason for a reboot/shutdown was when i personaly did that.

On the other side i tested FreeBSD 5.3 and 5.4 and everything looks fine.
The only problem that disturbed me a lot was a automatically reboot without
any reason at a randomly time. It happends diff Computers i didnt installed
just only on the same System! On FreeBSD 6.x the same trouble but much
more often then on 5.x. Are there any functions that should be added to
monowall and wont work with FreeBSD 4.x brunch? By the Way PFsense
use FreeBSD 6.x and there are the same problems with randomly reboots.
I wont dare to say anything that the FreeBSD Team made too much mistakes
(i always love and enjoy FreeBSD) but sometimes everyone make something
wrong ... 4.11 is the exact version that i will still use until it will
never updated.

Monowall 1.2 with FreeBSD 4.11 Kernel = Perfect :)

--
Best regards,
Stefan Frank

Looking for Monowall Adjustment?