[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Cook" <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] LAN Party Modification
 Date:  Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:35:00 -0000
Jonathan,

Are you able to share your hotspot code with the community? I was going
to write something very similar for a Hotel client.

Best regards

David Cook

The
> > password, which in my case is just the users email address, is
> > encrypted before transmission (md5)
> >
> > I created a file called services_captiveportal_users_fetch.php based
> > off the same file with _edit.php name, this file when posted with a
> > username it queries that php page on our webserver and gets an array
> > from get_meta_tags(), It then displays that information in the
bottom
> > form you see in the screenshot, you then post to a modified version
of
> > services_captiveportal_users_edit.php that allows for pre-encrypted
> > password input. The expiration date is set to a pre-determined time
> > (+3 days in my case)
> >
> > How signup works is they hookup to the lan first, create an account
on
> > our website if they dont already have one, pay via paypal if they
want
> > to.. then they come see a staff member who just types in there
> > username into m0n0wall, verifies if they are pre-paid and/or
> > pre-signedup, then creates the account.
> >
> > I am going to test the code at an accual event this weekend, proving
> > everything goes well I will clean up my code and release some files
> > for public consumption.. this might be benifical for anyone who
wants
> > to grab user information from a remote database and doesnt need
> > radius, as the remote php file that queries the database could be
> > modifed to query virturally any database php can.
> >
> > I am completely open to input and suggestions
> > Ryan

JP Computer Services
JET PRESS Limited
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HWUK

Web:   www.jpcompserv.co.uk
Tel:   0845 083 3070
Fax:   0845 083 3071

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential. The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JP Computer Services.