[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "lists" <lists at pjb dot homelinux dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Using m0n0 as simple router
 Date:  Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:16:51 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I have a temporary requirement to simulate a dedicated wide area network
which will be used to bridge four remote sites together.

Currently, the equipment for all four sites is at a single site, and I was
intending to use m0n0 with four ethernet cards to simulate the dedicated
wide area network.

After setting up the four ethernet cards with the appropriate IP addresses
and subnets, I was intending to simply add firewall rules to allow access
from each card to every other card (TCP/UDP access, no ports blocked).

Would this be the preferred approach - and is there a way to avoid having
to dedicate an additional ethernet card to the WAN interface (which I am
not intending to use)?

Thanks,
Peter