[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] new RADIUS images
 Date:  Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:21:06 -0600
From: "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>

> 10-Nov-2005 15:41 - STATUS: working - FROZEN
> Removed sending of NAS-IP-Address attribute (6). It is not
> required
> since we use NAS-Identifier (32). MOST Radius servers will use
> the
> packets source-ip as the NAS-IP-Address for huntgroup or other
> functionality. This solves problems when you have a PPTP/PPPoE
> WAN
> connection. People who want to use the NAS-IP-Address within the
> image can still download the images from the 'old_20051109'
> directory

This will be the case for me.  Two different commercial RADIUS providers
both require NAS-IP.  Period, full stop, do not pass go... :-)  I have to
believe others will as well, so I strongly encourage you to look at the
freeze.  However, this has been some AMAZING work so far.  I actually have a
few in production, and I have had no problems.

                        Lee