[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Norman H. Azadian" <norman at azadian dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DNS forwarding problem in 1.2?
 Date:  Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:16:35 +0100
I haven't been able to nail it down for sure yet, but it appears that the
DNS forwarding sometimes fails.  The symptom is that, after a while on my
W2K laptop, I do an nslookup and get the correct internal address, but when
I do a ping I get the external address.  Rebooting the laptop solves the

I'm using 1.2 on a WRAP.  The laptop is networked with WLAN, forwarded by
my Linux workstation over the ethernet link to m0n0wall.  The WRAP serves
as the primary DNS for the laptop.

Norman H. Azadian    Taegerishalde 13    CH-3110 Muensingen    Switzerland
norman at azadian dot ch      tel: +41 31 721 7855      fax: +41 31 55 898 55