[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Creating a virtual development enviorment
 Date:  Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:12:10 -0600
This is probably in the wrong spot, but I am not sure if there IS a right
spot. :-)  I am trying to set up a virtual development environment.  For
maximum usability, I am setting it up in Qemm, I am trying to use Raw disk
images, and I am trying to keep them under 2 gig.  I am also trying to
include Xwindows.  This should be usable to rabid Windows users on Win98.
:-)  However,  Making it all fit into a single 2 gig slice is just not
possible. (Actually, it will all fit, and fail on "make -4 buildworld" as
the disk fills) If I set up with an additional 2 gig drive (or more) what
should my mount points be, as the doc says do not have a separate /usr mount
point.

Or should I give up and use a 10 gig VM ware emulation? :-)

                        Lee