[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Armstrong" <adama dash lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  "'Jonathan De Graeve'" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, "'sai'" <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: Dynamic Routing images
 Date:  Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:01:01 -0000
I'd say that 256MB of ram is just barely acceptable for a current full
internet routing table. Processor speed is somewhat less important, most
internet routers have less than 733MHz behind them!

I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the forwarding methods used by FreeBSD, does it
have the ability to do processor-cheap fast-forwarding style things and
everything is cpu routed?

I assume there's no ability to do CEF/dCEF style forwarding with even the
more advanced PC NICs...

Thanks,
Adam