[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: Dynamic Routing images
 Date:  Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:10:13 +0100
The forwarding system of freebsd keeps the middle of fast switching and
cef.

It is very good in forwarding but you will need enough memory the hold
all the routes.

Packets are always cpu routed since there aren't any asics in current
pc's to do that stuff in hardware. CEF and dCEF are proprietary cisco
algorithms. But the BSD one is also very good and has the advantage of a
faster host cpu then most cisco systems (like 2600) has.

PS: don't use realteks in this environment

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator