[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Interfaces lock up under heavy load
 Date:  Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:38:57 +0100 (MET)
Hello,

I am running m0n0 1.2 on a wrap 1.E.
I am using a cable connection with a Motorola cable modem connected to the
wrap.  The other 2 interfaces are DMZ and LAN.  Since about 2 weeks I have a
cable speed of about 8Mbit.  Since that the wrap/m0n0 hangs under heavy
load.  What I believe to see is that my LAN interface stops working.  Maybe
the WAN interface stops working first, but I am not sure.  The blinkenlights
show activity on the WAN interface.  The LAN interface blinks with constant
frequency (about 1 per sec).  And the connection to the wrap is broken.  I
have to restart the wrap.
I already set the adapter on my server to half-duplex (connected via
cross-over cable).  Did not help.
The problem is that I can't look behind the scenes.  The wrap is simply not
acessible anymore.  Although it's blinking on the WAN interface.
Does anybody have a tip what I can do?  Has anybody seen something similar?

Thanks a lot!
-lutzn