[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Jan Kristoffer Appel" <jan dot appel at web dot de>
 To:  <lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Interfaces lock up under heavy load
 Date:  Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:50:13 +0100
> I already set the adapter on my server to half-duplex (connected via
> cross-over cable).  Did not help.
> The problem is that I can't look behind the scenes.  The wrap is
> simply not acessible anymore.  Although it's blinking on the WAN
> interface.
What about configuring your m0n0 to remote administration from the WAN,
waiting for it to lock up and trying to connect to it from a machine on the
WAN? It might be possible to access the box and pry some data from it, if
the LAN interface is the only thing that locks up.

One does not, by knowing all the physical laws as we know them today,
immediately obtain an understanding of anything much. (Richard P.