[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv dot com>
 To:  M0N0Wall firewall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Logs
 Date:  Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:12:07 +0000 (GMT)
Except for remote loggin I am done. I am, however, still trying to better
understand the logs.

For instance. Some samples:
10:28:44.207050 sis0 @0:9 B 10.0.0.2,138 -> 10.0.0.255,138 PR udp len 20
229 IN

Was that accepted or rejected?
What is the long number after the seconds? Fractions of a second? Seems
like overkill if so..so many decimal places...

If these logs are straight as reported from ipf could anyone recommend a
link that would explain ipf's logs? I have found many links and great info
on ipf, but nothing on how to read it's logs.