[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Magne Andreassen" <magne dot andreassen at bluezone dot no>
 To:  "'Francisco Reyes'" <lists at natserv dot com>, "'M0N0Wall firewall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wrong name listed for syslog?
 Date:  Wed, 7 Jan 2004 21:17:44 +0100
Francisco Reyes wrote:

> I am happy to say I just finished my first complete-working
> M0n0wall install. I was almost done since yesterday except
> the remote loggin.
>
> One point worth noting. On the Diagnostic | System Logs |
> Settings at the bottom it says " Be sure to set syslogd on
> the remote server to accept syslog messages from m0n0wall.".
> The name syslogd shows as receiving is "ipmon" and not m0n0wall.

Not sure if I understand what you are trying to say...
Are you talking about the logs on the remote syslogd server?
Events from m0n0wall will not be easy separated from the
servers own events. If you plan on running an dedicated
syslog server, I recommend you take a look at syslog-ng.
syslog-ng can easily log to different log files based on
e.g. ip-address.

Magne