[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Paul Phillips <paul at partitura dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] xml config format stable?
 Date:  Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:30:27 -0700
At 08:51 AM 1/7/2004, Paul Phillips wrote:
>Is the XML config file changing between versions?

Sometimes.  It usually is to support added features, and being XML the
changes are frequently backward compatible.

At the top of the file you'll find:

  <version>1.2</version>

which will bump if the format changes.  Thus far, when there's been a
change, m0n0wall has reformatted the file on the fly.

>In other words, if I want to upgrade, can I just take out the old CD,
>replace it with a newly created one from the new image, and reboot?
>(leaving in the floppy containing the config files).

Yes.

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400