[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eileen Kelleher" <eileen at kelltech dot biz>
 To:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall does not pass IPSEC traffic?
 Date:  Thu, 8 Jan 2004 00:48:27 -0700
Manuel,

Thanks much for letting me know it works...  I connected it up again and
checked, the fragments were already allowed on the default LAN -> any
rule.

I poked around a little more and tried unchecking the box on the WAN
interface page that blocks private network traffic, that did the trick.

I really love the firewall and want to install it at a customer site,
but they use VPN connections now and I really need to get a little
information on how to set up a simple IKE exchange, pre-shared key,
3des, vpn with SafeNet client.  Could you give me a little hint?

They need to set up a real DMZ with a web server accessing a secure
database at the back end.  From what I have seen, the m0n0wall will do
the trick nicely.

Thanks for the great little firewall, BTW I saw it on TechTV and jumped
in, I wanted to play too! ;-)

Eileen
eileen at kelltech dot biz