[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv dot com>
 To:  Assinatura de Listas <assinarlistas at yahoo dot com dot br>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Res: Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with NAT in pb23r570??
 Date:  Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:41:24 +0000 (GMT)
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Assinatura de Listas wrote:

>  I have read the logs and there was no unusual message.

Do you have your "pass" rules set to also log?
You want to see pretty much see all packets that could possibly be going
to that machine.
Perhaps you could just do a rule to log all connections to that box.

> BTW, my FTP server address is ftp://www.recordgoias.com.br (you're welcome
> to test it).

Now I am really confused.
Is the machine visible DIRECTLY from outside?
What I thought you described was:

Internet

Firewall with NAT

FTP machine with local address (ie only visible from LAN subnet)

If that was the case I would not be able to see the machine from outside
if the NAT rule was not working.

I was able to connect to the address you give above. So who or from where
is not been able to connect to the machine?