[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  warning, unrelated: suppressing php output
 Date:  Fri, 9 Jan 2004 00:48:38 -0600
This is a rather unrelated subject and I apologize in advance, but I
figure there are enough php/*nix people on here to answer this.

I have finished writing a small script for m0n0wall but cannot fix a
small problem with its output.

I need to suppress output from
exec("dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp/mfsroot.bin bs=1k count=10240");

I have tried redirecting stdout to /dev/null to no avail, and cannot
find any "quiet" flags for dd.  I'm missing a simple trick, anyone know
it?

Thanks, and again apologies, I've googled for awhile now with
uninformative results.

--Michael I.