[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 Cc:  Paul Phillips <paul at partitura dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [bayes] [m0n0wall] strange blockings from LAN
 Date:  Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:11:40 -0500
Chad R. Larson wrote:

>At 07:48 AM 1/9/2004, Paul Phillips wrote:
>>While still struggling with the rebooting problem, I notice that sometimes
>>packets are getting blocked outbound from my LAN.  I have this set as the
>>default - to allow anything out.  Here is an example from the log:
>>08:43:43.568570 rl0 @0:13 B 192.168.x.x,51747 -> 192.168.y.x,143 PR tcp
>>len 20 62 -AFP IN
>>As you can see this is a LAN machine attempting to connect to a test IMAP
>>server on a test DMZ.
>>Why would this packet get dropped?
>Do you have the "Block private networks" box checked at the bottom of the
>WAN setup screen?  You notice that you're using private addresses on both

That should have no effect.  He's not going through the WAN.  This is a
packet from LAN to DMZ.  Wan rules should not touch it.  I can only say,
I see this same exact behavior on my box, but do not notice any problems
it causes.  Even though the packets show as blocked, they don't seem to
really be blocked.