[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 Cc:  Paul Phillips <paul at partitura dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [bayes] [m0n0wall] strange blockings from LAN
 Date:  Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:11:40 -0500
Chad R. Larson wrote:

>At 07:48 AM 1/9/2004, Paul Phillips wrote:
>

>>While still struggling with the rebooting problem, I notice that sometimes
>>packets are getting blocked outbound from my LAN.  I have this set as the
>>default - to allow anything out.  Here is an example from the log:
>>
>>08:43:43.568570 rl0 @0:13 B 192.168.x.x,51747 -> 192.168.y.x,143 PR tcp
>>len 20 62 -AFP IN
>>
>>As you can see this is a LAN machine attempting to connect to a test IMAP
>>server on a test DMZ.
>>
>>Why would this packet get dropped?
>>

>Do you have the "Block private networks" box checked at the bottom of the
>WAN setup screen?  You notice that you're using private addresses on both
>sides.

That should have no effect.  He's not going through the WAN.  This is a
packet from LAN to DMZ.  Wan rules should not touch it.  I can only say,
I see this same exact behavior on my box, but do not notice any problems
it causes.  Even though the packets show as blocked, they don't seem to
really be blocked.

Chris