[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 To:  "'Melvin Backus'" <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem setting up m0n0wall on a Single-NIC machine
 Date:  Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:02:14 -0600
Why would you rather reconfigure m0n0 to work with one nic, than install
a nic?  I'd install a second network card.  If you use a single nic,
you're effectively doubling traffic and weakening security.  Personally,
If I could spend (possibly less than) $20 to decrease traffic by a
factor of 2 and increase security (on my lan at home or at work), I'd do
it in a heart beat.

Brandon