[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Murphy" <barry at unix dot co dot nz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Error on boot
 Date:  Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:11:17 +1300
Hi,

I have searched the list and google for a similar problem, but couldn't
find a replica.

I have a P166 running m0n0wall on a 32meg CF card. Seems that when it
boots I get the error "Initializing PC cards ... Failed (probably no PC
card controller present)". I'm guessing this is why my network interface
isn't working. I have ed0 as LAN and fxp0 as Wan, I tried plugging the
network cable into both cards but still cannot ping the m0n0wall or get
to the web based admin panel. I have changed the ip to 192.168.0.50, but
without an actual shell, I cant do ipconfig etc to check if the ip has
been assigned properly.

I have tried re imaging a couple of times, but still no luck; any ideas?

Thanks
Much Appreciated
Barry