[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claudio Castro <ccastro at unr dot edu dot ar>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Proxy ARP not working?
 Date:  Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:26:17 -0300
Helllo guys, this was my "before" topology:

Internet----CISCO 1750-----Cisco Catalyst (VLANS)------HUB------Mail
Server(public)

And this is the "after" topology:

Internet----CISCO 1750-----Cisco Catalyst
((VLANS)-------m0n0wall-------Mail Server(private)

As you can see, now I have a private IP for my mail server, I have a 1:1
NAT ruel, so I had to define a proxy ARP in the WAN interface of m0n0 in
order to work.
But...this isnt working!...UNLESS I spoof the MAC of the mail server in
the WAN interface of m0n0wall.
The Cisco, doesnt have a static ARP table or nothing similar...so I'm
loss.....I hope you can figure out or comment some common problem that
maybe I forgot to check.

Thanks a lot.