[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Graham, Robert" <rgraham at mem dash ins dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Need help with routing
 Date:  Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:42:01 -0600

Office-----------------------------------------------------------------Field Office
>   Router	                                                             Router
                                                  Router
> 192.168.4.0/28                                               192.168.1.66
                                       192.168.2.0
>                                                                       Field Office
>                                                                          Router
>                                                                      192.168.3.0
>

> We are using the m0n0wall for our vpn connections and so far everything is working well except for
routing to the field offices.  From the m0n0wall I can ping everything, even on the field office
subnets.  From the field office subnets I CANNOT ping the m0n0wall box, but can ping other hosts on
the 172.16.0.0 subnet.  I did a packet capture with ethereal and can see the ICMP request going to
the m0n0wall box.  What I believe to be the problem is there is no default gateway for the m0n0wall
box.  Is there a way to add a default gateway for the LAN interface?  if so how do you add it.  If I
cannot add a default gateway, what are the workarounds?