[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Arron Cox" <acox at improvementdirect dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  2 Networks
 Date:  Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:55:56 -0800
Hello,

            I have an issue with data transfers between two networks.  I
have a Monowall (192.168.2.0) router and a Cisco (192.168.1.0) router.  The
issue I'm having is that when I try to copy data from a workstation on the
Monowall side to a server on the Cisco side during the file transfer
sometimes I get an error that says "Cannot copy [Filename of file it fails
on and it's always a different file]:  The specified network name is no
longer available."  This happens in either direction, mono side to Cisco
side and Cisco to mono.  It only happens with data files.  Other
communication works fine.  I can do pings and I never get a dropped ping.
But for instance I copied a Quick Books data base over to a server on the
Cisco side and tried accessing it from the Monowall side.  The file opened
fine, but while they were working in Quick Books they would get kicked out
saying connection to data base was lost.  Static routes did not seem to
help.

Any ideas would be great!

Thank you