[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Bahr <eyebear at prima dot de>
 Subject:  Small PC or WRAP?
 Date:  Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:57:53 +0100
Hello list,

I'm currently searching a solution for the
following situation: a customer wants to split up
ip traffic between important and unimportant
traffic. So he has ordered a second line (dsl) for
outgoing http and ftp traffic. The local webcache
can handle this port-based routing. Now I'm
looking for a box, were i could put the monowall
on, something like soekris/WRAP-boards.

Beside those, I found some other interesting
machines like this VIA Eden machine:
http://www.synertrontech.com/support/Datasheet-SYN-1U-860A.pdf
which can handle up to 512 MB RAM.

This one was last mentioned in Nov. 2004 on this
list, but no further information is avaliable in
the archive:
http://www.acrosser.com/firewall/product/9925-X1.htm
This looks interesting too:
http://www.acrosser.com/firewall/product/9927.htm
with a intel ULV Celeron and National
Semiconductor NS 83816 for the ethernet with 4
RJ45 ports.

Does anybody know these machines? Is anybody using
them in a production environment with monowall? Or
are there any pitfalls i don't see in the moment?

with regards
   Andreas Bahr