[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Small PC or WRAP?
 Date:  Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:17:22 -0600
From: "Andreas Bahr" <eyebear at prima dot de>

> Beside those, I found some other interesting machines like this VIA Eden
> machine: http://www.synertrontech.com/support/Datasheet-SYN-1U-860A.pdf
> which can handle up to 512 MB RAM.

> This one was last mentioned in Nov. 2004 on this list, but no further
> information is avaliable in the archive:
> http://www.acrosser.com/firewall/product/9925-X1.htm
> This looks interesting too:
> http://www.acrosser.com/firewall/product/9927.htm
> with a intel ULV Celeron and National Semiconductor NS 83816 for the
> ethernet with 4 RJ45 ports.

Another big pile of potentially cool products with no way to buy them.
<sigh>  I assume you already have links for Soekris and WRAP, so I will
skipp that.  You can do a search for "Neoware" or "Nokia IP*" and get some
good deals used. The cheapest way for new product is a Via build your own.
Links to the cheapest Via solutions I have found;

Very small (appliance like) Case    $62.99
http://www.directron.com/2699r.html
Still very small Case                       $47.99
http://www.directron.com/v30.html
Still very small Case                       $43.99
http://www.directron.com/dm317.html

Single ethernet 800mhz board        $105.00
http://www.directron.com/epia800.html
Duel ethernet 1Ghz board               $148.00
http://www.directron.com/epiacl10000.html

Cheap D-Link NIC  (RealTek)      $4.99
http://www.directron.com/dfe530tx.html
Good Intel NIC                            $24.00
http://www.directron.com/8460c.html
Very nice Intel Duel port NIC        $34.00
http://www.cmishop.com/store/ShowDetails.asp?txtProductName=nic/pila8472-bk&txtMfgPartNo=&nCategorySubID=125&txtSiteTrack=pw
4 Port ethernet with Rhine Chip    $81-95
http://www.wisp-router.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_33&products_id=267 or
http://www.mikrotik.com/interfaces.php#linx0part0

Psudo Hard drive   16mb                 $15.00
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS16MDOM40V